Thursday, September 10, 2009

Best Friends


Some people go through their entire lives without knowing intimate community. It's not how God intended for us to live. He intended for us to know and be known. To be vulnerable. To be honest. To know enough about someone that you can call them out when they're not being who they were designed to be. To know someone well enough to laugh at and not offend them. To know someone well enough to feel the freedom to cry in their arms.
I was looking through some of Aaron and I's wedding photos tonight I stopped on this particular picture for a while. These are the women to whom I owe much. They have held me while I cried, confronted me when I needed it (but never wanted it), and they have stood by me for many years. I hope that one day I can be as good a friend as they have been, and are, to me. These are the women who know me most deeply, and love me just the same.
Sometimes, many times, it's painful to have people that know you intimately. But it's worth it. These are the women that I love, and the friendships that I cherish.

2 comments:

dacia said...

was on your facebook page this morning, saw your blog site, clicked on it, thought, "hey, those girls look familiar!", read the post, cried a little, and thanked God for your presence in my life. :) love you!

Carly said...

You are so wonderful and I am thankful for YOU! :-)