Monday, August 31, 2009

Unmerited Grace.


I have known my Dad, Mark Beeson for my whole life. And as I thought about that today it occurred to me that there are lot's of people who didn't get to experience that and it breaks my heart. Especially when I think about the countless life lessons Dad has poured into me for the past 27 years. The amazing journeys we've been on. The foundations he laid for almost every strong willed belief I have that makes me the man I am. The inspiration he is on a daily basis to change the world and "bring up there down here". How he taught me to function in society and though sometimes it felt like tough love when I got the, "If you can't control yourself, I will control you" line, I knew it was love nonetheless. I think about the times I no doubt disappointed him and he encouraged me and stood behind me regardless. Dad taught me how to hunt and fish and survive in the wild. I think about the infinite hours we've spent together literally in the same tree intentionally being quite and motionless. I think about walking behind my Dad through the forest for miles trying desperately to walk in his very footsteps for no other reason at all than to be like him and move like he moved. I see now how that flooded into every aspect of my life today and how grateful I am for his leadership in my life. I have seen first hand what it means to have your priorities right and live a life that honors God, your wife, and your family. I think about all the family dinners we've shared that restored my soul and how I'm already looking forward to the next time this could happen. The very thought of any of these things sends a thousand memories flooding instantly into my brain.
I wouldn't even begin to say that I understand or feel like I deserve the life I've been given. But I will say that I could not be more thankful for it. God's unmerited grace is astounding and I am blessed. My earthly Father and the God above are both amazing to me.

3 comments:

amberWIRE said...

Aaron, What an awesome post! It got me all teary eyed. Miss you and love you guys!

Unknown said...

That is beautiful. I, too, got a lot teary eyed!! You are so loved and cherished.

Mark Beeson said...

I will cherish these words for the rest of my life.

I'm proud of you Aaron. You are a great man.